Not everyone knows that fundraising comes in many different shapes and forms. Every charity organization has various methods of raising much needed money to ensure that their organization keeps the cause they are affiliated to, running and maintained.
This is often, not an easy task, especially as economic times get tougher and everyone is tightening their belts more than ever before. The ironic thing is that even though this is the case, the amount of animals needing our assistance never ceases and in fact, because there has been an increase of animal welfare due to Outreach Programmes, there are more animals needing treatment, nourishment and care than ever before.
As you know, we are a NGO (Non-Government Organization) and we rely largely on donations, bequests, sponsorships, and support from our community (individual and corporate enterprises) to attend fundraising events and to buy from our retail shops.
I thought it would be a good idea to list a few ways you, our supporters, new and old, could assist our cause through various avenues of fundraising. It allows you to choose what project you would like to be a part of.
- Simply donate an amount of your choice to uMngeni SPCA through Debit Order every month.
- Support our Fundraising events such as the SPCA 1000 Paws Walk on the 12th July
- Support our other events such as the Spring Fling, Street Collection, Tree of Love and the Valentine’s Day Tea.
- Take a “share” in our Kitty-Cat Shareholdings project – pamphlets are in every SPCA outlet
- Become a member of the 100 Club. For a debit order of R100 (or more) you will become a member of this Club and be privy to a yearly monetary prize.
- Become part of the Litres for Education project and by filling up at a dedicated SPCA garage, we will receive 10 cents on every litre you pay for at that garage. Details to follow.
- Donate pet food to our kennels to help us feed all the animals that come our way throughout every year.
- If you need us to serve teas and coffee, and sometimes eats, at your various events, our catering committee will be able to assist you for a small fee.
- Buy a beaded SPCA bracelet at any of our outlets from the end of April. R20 a bracelet.
- Schools can get involved by asking for collection tins and fill them throughout a term. Corporate companies can donate money to the uMngeni SPCA and receive a Section 18A for tax purposes.
- Please don’t forget to pop a few coins into the collection tins in and around shops in the area. Every little bit helps.
- Take a raffle ticket. When we hold raffles, please take a ticket or two, you stand to win lovely prizes and you are helping us help animals in need.